Prerequisites for setting up stores in Germany for the Shopify platform:
1. Klarna payment systems (including installment payment) and Sofort
2. taxes (OSS for flat rate VAT for the whole Europe or for different rates for each customer country), as well as VAT exemption for sales to businesses outside of Germany
3. store policies pages:
- returns - Widerrufsrecht
- terms of business - AGB
- terms of delivery - Versandbedingungen
- company information - Impressum
- Policy during COVID
4. in the shopping cart there must be a price including VAT and a link to the delivery policy (Settings - Policies)
5. work policies on the checkout page
6. payment system icons in the footer of the site
7. order notifications should contain links to the terms and conditions page
8. the price in the product must also be displayed per unit. For example, 0.7 l wine - there should be a price per 1 l.
Checklist for launching a store in Germany.